|ABCvideoTours Summary Statement:||Under general supervision, performs technical work in the production of video and audio presentations for training, communications, real estate video tours and public information distributed via the Internet. Performs related tasks as required. This is a competitive classification.|
|Essential Functions:||1. Confers with clients to determine program needs, identify
production options, assist with script development and determine overall program content.
2. Conceptualizes, designs and coordinates the production of video and audio programs to be used in training and staff development, public information and education presentations, promotional programs, and internal and external informational productions.
3. Writes, either individually or as a member of a team, and edits scripts for video and audio productions.
4. Serves as "producer" in the production of video and audio programs conducting research, developing scripts, scheduling production activity, coordinating set production, props and costume acquisition, and assuring an overall production schedule is maintained.
5. Acts as technical director to schedule shoots, set up and operate cameras, lighting equipment, teleprompter, wireless microphones and other audio equipment, and monitor and adjust equipment during recording/taping sessions.
6. Records and/or tapes audio and video segments to produce a program.
7. Edits raw video, selects music, designs digital video effects and creates graphics in order to create a finished software program using non-linear editing systems and equipment (e.g. digital tape decks, graphic software, CD players and recorders, etc.).
8. Authors DVDs with motion menus, multi-branching navigation and multiple timelines.
9. Designs artwork for thermal printing on DVD faces.
10. Duplicates and distributes video and audio programs on tape and DVD formats to Department employees, the general public and client agencies.
11. Directs production personnel (e.g. actors, production staff, production assistants, etc.) to assure production is completed.
12. Compiles statistical data, prepares reports and maintains logs and files.
13. Maintains, repairs and troubleshoots equipment.
14. Inventories and orders supplies to ensure an adequate quantity are on hand when needed.
|Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:||Knowledge of:
1. the principles, practices, techniques, technology and standards of video production and shot composition.
2. standard video production, non-linear editing, graphic creation, and DVD authoring techniques.
3. the use of music to enhance the aesthetics of video productions.
1. communicating orally in both one-on-one and group situations. 2. operating post-production equipment.
3. developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
4. planning, researching, scripting, blocking, organizing, storyboarding, editing, lighting and staging video productions.
5. English comprehension and composition, spelling, grammar and punctuation to produce scripts and other written communications.
6. creating graphics and designing digital video effects.
7. basic mathematical calculations.
8. the use of computer hardware and applicable software.
1. adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments.
2. remain calm in stressful situations.
3. conceptualize creative and innovative ideas.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
May be required to carry equipment weighing over 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
May be required to transport and assemble various video and audio equipment on location.
Must be able to travel statewide.
Generally an internship is provided by ABCvdeoTours. Entry into the intership is based on prior fully completed
May require a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university AND two (2) years of video and audio production or broadcasting experience; OR an
Associate's degree from an accredited college AND four (4) years of video and audio
production or broadcasting experience. Must possess a valid state driver license at the
time of employment.
Progression to the next pay level/step requires an overall performance rating of at least “Standard” in the last 12 months.
Must successfully complete the examination process.